Fall 2017 Application Information
AESC (FCID) 4920S/6920S: Project FOCUS-Service Learning
UGA-Clarke County School System
Once enrolled in Project FOCUS (Fostering Our Community’s Understanding of Science) for Fall 2017 you will be placed in a local elementary or middle school, teaching science lessons several times per week to children in grades K-8.
Prior to registering for the course, you must complete and submit this application online. Any problems or questions should be sent to the instructor, David Knauft, 1111 Miller Plant Sciences Building, 706-542-2471, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the first day of class, Monday, August 14, 2017.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have completed at least 12 hours of college science (AP hours count), or completed 9 credits and will enroll in at least one science course this Spring.
- Be available to go to the elementary or middle school at least twice a week for a total of 3 hours between hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:45 pm for a total of 40 hours during the semester.
- Attend a 50-minute class each week, times listed in the UGA Bulletin and on OASIS.
- Attend Project FOCUS orientation on Saturday, August 19, 2017 from 9am-12pm at a local elementary school.
All information requested below is required. You will receive information regarding your acceptance to the program once it is reviewed by Dr. Knauft, who directly receives this information for his consideration and will email you with his decision. There is no automated response to your application.